 General / 35609
35608  |  35610
Subject:
One thing that bugs me about TLG's piece distribution
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 01:56:21 GMT

Hey all,

Once again in 2002, we'll have to shell out the big bucks for one of the
larger Star Wars sets if we want another one of those new brown hoods.
First we had to get multiples of the Gungan Sub (which wasn't so bad,
because it had great parts) but now we'll have to buy a fleet of Republic
Gunships, which look like they'll cost considerably more given the size and
the number of figures.  The set looks great, with lots of slopes and bricks,
but why not put the brown hood in a small set?  It's a new piece, why not
attempt to distribute it more widely?  Even non-SW sets are brimming with
the new gun piece.  I now have plenty of those, but I want LOTS more new
brown hoods, and it just really irks me that TLG only puts pieces like these
(which they just gotta know are going to be most coveted by Castle fans!) in
the more expensive sets.  Does this bug you as well?

Dave