 General / 35436
Re: First toy shop visit of my UK trip
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 15:10:39 GMT

in article Gr0Dvu.7HI@lugnet.com, azfirewolf at wolfkiller@prodigy.net wrote
on 2/4/02 7:40 AM:

Don't remember the name of the store but it is the biggest toy store in the
world. 5 or 6 stories. The name that hits in my head is Harolds. It is in
London, just ask for the big toy store and any one would be able to help
you. This store was great, they had people walking around dressed up as
soldiers and other childhood things. I remember almost an entire floor
dedicated to LEGO.

In lugnet.general, Richard Morton writes:
Hi All,

Well the Britdog is back in England for a while and this weekend was my
first visit to a UK toyshop since getting interested in LEGO again.

I was in Toymaster,  Harrogate (North Yorkshire) on Saturday. While they
didn't have much LEGO (mostly the new racers), I did come across a few sets
that I haven't seen on sale in the USA during the last 9 months.

They had a few of the smaller Scala sets - I don't know anything about
these, but they had a white dog in the sets I think.
I saw the new Yoda sculpture for the first time in a retail store for 85 UK
Pounds (approx $100), they also had technic figures and bionicle masks in
polybags.

The interesting find for me though was set number 3052 Ninja Fire Fortress
at 10 pounds each, which I'm guessing was old stock. I bought all 3 at this
price.

Next weekend I'm hopefully hitting Leeds,. York and Bradford. Other than the
toymaster stores, does anyone know of anywhere interesting to look? Although
I'm originally from the UK, I am completely at a loss to which UK stores are
good for Lego as I have been in the USA for so long (I'm definately missing
Target!)

Richard (Britdog)
http://lego.britdog.com

Hamleys, on Regent Street south of Oxford Circus. Huge LEGO section, but
nothing very old.

John

-
AFOL and his money are soon parted...