 Marketplace / Shopping / 9004
Re: First toy shop visit of my UK trip
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 12:13:36 GMT

wierd.
to my knowlage 3052  was never sold in the UK
Have to go out and take a look round

--
James Stacey
---------
www.minifig.co.uk
#925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado

"Richard Morton" <richard.morton@idynamicsinc.com> wrote in message
Hi All,

Well the Britdog is back in England for a while and this weekend was my
first visit to a UK toyshop since getting interested in LEGO again.

I was in Toymaster,  Harrogate (North Yorkshire) on Saturday. While they
didn't have much LEGO (mostly the new racers), I did come across a few • sets
that I haven't seen on sale in the USA during the last 9 months.

They had a few of the smaller Scala sets - I don't know anything about
these, but they had a white dog in the sets I think.
I saw the new Yoda sculpture for the first time in a retail store for 85 • UK
Pounds (approx $100), they also had technic figures and bionicle masks in
polybags.

The interesting find for me though was set number 3052 Ninja Fire Fortress
at 10 pounds each, which I'm guessing was old stock. I bought all 3 at • this
price.

Next weekend I'm hopefully hitting Leeds,. York and Bradford. Other than • the
toymaster stores, does anyone know of anywhere interesting to look? • Although
I'm originally from the UK, I am completely at a loss to which UK stores • are
good for Lego as I have been in the USA for so long (I'm definately • missing
Target!)

Richard (Britdog)
http://lego.britdog.com