 General / 35415
35414  |  35416
Subject:
February 1:Final Day To Register For BricksWest 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 08:48:54 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

This is is folks...February 1st...the final day to pre-register for
BricksWest 2002!

If you are still debating over your attendance at BricksWest, all I can say
is this:

Go to http://www.brickswest.com/pdf/schedule.pdf ...look at the over 30
awesome events, presentations, roundtables, games and talks that your fellow
AFOL have volunteered their personal time, energy and money to develop for
your enjoyment and edification...

The question to really ask yourself isn't "Should I go to
BricksWest?"...it's "How can I afford to MISS BricksWest?"! And the answer
is...YOU CAN'T!

Don't forget what pre-registration gets you:

-An exclusive event shirt; this isn't your ordinary convention t-shirt here
folks...we're talking about a collared, button-down Hawaiian shirt, boldly
emblazoned with the BricksWest tiki logo on the back!

-An exclusive engraved namebadge; these badges are real LEGO bricks engraved
with your name, city and state or LUG affiliation, and the BricksWest 2002
name...3 1X8 red bricks with white lettering and a super-strong magnetic
clip...they can be used for your local LUG events and shows or added to your
MOCs!

-An exclusive reception and luau-themed dinner inside LEGOLAND California!

-A half-day admission to all of the wonderful rides, shows, attractions and
shopping inside LEGOLAND California!

-A chance to display your own LEGO creations INSIDE LEGOLAND California at
the BricksWest Expo; let the public see your creativity first-hand, and earn
the right to tell your friends that YOUR LEGO model has been displayed AT
the park!

-Goodies from our sponsors!

-Plus all of these awesome event sessions (go to
http://www.brickswest.com/schedule.html for event descriptions):
  -Designing and Selling Custom Model Kits presented by Daniel Siskind
(Brickmania, Guild of Bricksmiths™)
  -LEGO Animation using LDraw Tools - Presented by Ahui Herrera
  -Gaming Roundtable - With panelists Steve Jackson, Frank Filz, Mike
Rayhawk and Derek Schin
  -Large Sculptures and Mosaics - Presented by Eric Harshbarger and Henry
Lim (LUGOLA)
  -Beyond NQC and Robots in the Real World - Presented by David Schilling
(SMART)
  -BrickHeap Wars: Robot Challenge 1 - Presented by David Schilling (SMART)
  -Microfig Scale Presentation and Building - Presented by Ashley Glennon
(SEALUG)
  -Introduction to 3D LEGO-style Modeling with LDraw Tools - Presented by
Tim Courtney (LDraw.org)
  -Advanced LDraw Tools: Renderers and Advanced Modeling Tools- Presented by
Tim Courtney (LDraw.org)
  -LDraw Community Roundtable Discussion- Presented by Tim Courtney (LDraw.org)
  -Train Building Techniques - Presented by Steve Barile (PNLTC)
  -Integrating LEGO Mindstorms With Your Train Layout - Presented by Steve
Barile (PNLTC)
  -Anatomy of a LEGO Train Show - from layout design to tear down -
Presented by Steve Barile (PNLTC)
  -Mecha Roundtable and Workshop - Presented by Bryce McGlone (LUGOLA) and
Eric Sophie with additional special guests
  -LEGODirect JunkBot Tournament - Sponsored by LEGO Direct
  -Buy/Sell/Trade Swap Meet And K8 Trading
  -Upperdeck Bionicle Card Game Tournament - Sponsored by Upperdeck
Entertainment
  -Evil Stevie's Pirate Game - Presented by Steve Jackson (Steve Jackson Games)
  -BricksWest Animation Festival And Competition Premiere Screening
  -BricksWest Auction
  -BricksWest Closing Ceremony And Awards
  -AFOL Community Roundtable Discussion
  -LEGO Master Builder Presentation
  -BricksWest Expo
  -LEGO Direct Question And Answer Session - Presented by Brad Justus, Vice
President, LEGODirect

Plus, you'll have the chance to win doorprizes, bid on auction items,
interact with your fellow AFOL from across the country and around the world,
chat with LEGO master builders and meet some of the great folks from LEGO
Direct, and SO MUCH MORE! It's nearly impossible to describe everything that
will be going on...and it's all SO GREAT!

You can get a better idea of the larger picture of what we have on tap for
you at http://www.brickswest.com/home.html -explore the Schedule, Sponsors
and Special Events links, then be sure to click the Register link to get the
lowdown on registering for BricksWest 2002...but do it today...because
tomorrow will be too late!

We'll see YOU at BricksWest 2002...won't we? 8?)

Matt