 General / 3532
Re: newbie (just out of the dark ages) question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 00:45:30 GMT

Just out of the dark ages and into the LEGO Bankruptcy ages!!!!  Welcome
Aboard!!

In lugnet.general, William Wong writes:
Hi all, I've been lurking for a while, and this is my first post: some
questions.  BTW, there're bits of setup, so the questions are at the end.

Over the weekend, I wanted to make models of buildings in my neighborhood.  I
started off with some aged pieces of 6393, lots of white plates from 8660, and
some random parts of 5540.  Oh, and about a thousand pieces of Technic, but
mostly non-structural.

I then found, that I could only make half of one floor's facade out of the
three story building I wanted, so I bought two 1200-piece tubs (3033).  That
only got me to one full-height, two-thirds-width facade, and a run on white
plates (the plates being my bottleneck, since I still have a few hundred
building-colored bricks).

The facade looks great on the initial glance (if you don't notice that it's
only two-thirds of a full facade).  But when you take a second look, you • notice
the lack of actual windows (a stack of blue bricks inset by a half stud were
used in place of windows).  And that the door is way too Bostonian (I'm going
for the Brooklyn, NYC look).

Sounds like you're building a brownstone!!!  Maybe if you use brown bricks it
will have that Bed-Stuy boarded up look  :')

But seriously, buy some Window sets from S@H - yah, they are only in Red, but
lots of windows and some better doors.

So question #1: how do I get lots (thousands) of plates (red and yellow
preferred) in these sizes: 1x1 1x2 1x3 1x4 2x2 2x2(L-shaped 3 stud)?

Auczilla - The auction run by Todd Lehman, is also at this site.  I would
assume there is another one starting soon.

And question #2: is there an index of all the special architectural pieces
(doors, windows, fences, etc.) pictured and points to what sets (bulk packs
included) they can be gotten from? I'll soon be looking for a few dozen
windows, doors, and balcony parts.

Just the S@H Windows and Doors pack, unfortunately.

Can anyone help?  Oh, and thank you in advance