 General / 34616
Re: 2 x 2 x 3 Double Convex in light gray!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 17:57:33 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Doyle Nelson writes:
Hello,

I am willing to pay $15 per piece for the Light Gray Slope 75 2 x 2 x 3
Double Convex.

Or as I like to call them the Extreme 2x2x3 Corner Slope in light gray.

Please E-mail your offers.

Quanity no problem! :-)

  Now, this is a REALLY embarassing question for me to ask,
  given a) how long I've been around here and b) that I should
  *know* how to find this information, but I honestly am not
  aware that this part has *ever* been retailed in light grey.
  I wonder if Doyle isn't trying to tempt the model shop guys.
  Not that I'd blame him, that's for sure! Green dresses... ;)

According to Peeron, it's been available in 1 set back in 1991:

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3685

That set is the Rock Island Refuge:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6273

And it's used as a chimney top:

http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6273/6273-13.jpg

And I know Dr. Carney has used them quite a bit, which makes one wonder how
much he had to pay to get them ...

Brickbay is not up, but once it goes up, I'll check how much they averaged
there for.

-- Pawel