 General / 34415
    home-owners insurance and my collection —Felix Greco
   It recently occured to me that if my house burned down I would have a hard time convincing the insurance company that I've invested thousands of dollars in my collection. Can anyone out there tell me how they've dealt with this problem? Has anyone (...) (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.general)

        Re: home-owners insurance and my collection —Ronald Vallenduuk
     My story is not directly related to your question, but I thought it might be interesting enough to tell anyway: I haven't lost my collection as such, but as I moved from Ireland to Holland the movers messed things up big time: some of the boxes (...) (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.general)

         Re: home-owners insurance and my collection —Felix Greco
      (...) What type of insurance were you dealing with in that case? Home-owners, movers? Felix (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.general)

        Re: home-owners insurance and my collection —Felix Greco
   For anyone interested, I've looked into this and have an answer (at least for my situation). HO insurance usually has some type of policy on dealing with any type of collectible. Basically, you tell them what you think the collection is worth, and (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.general)

        Re: home-owners insurance and my collection —Adrian Drake
   (...) I really need to go back to talk to my insurance agent. When I got my house insured when I bought it 2 years ago, my collection was less than half its current size (which is over 200K bricks now). I think I need to bump up the coverage a bit (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.general)