 General / 344
Re: what's this piece???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 04:17:13 GMT

Barry McFarland writes:

This was used as a trailer hitch conection during the Samsonite era.  You
connect one end to the "car" and one end to the "trailer" element.

Yup. I had 4 of these at one point as you got one with each box of wheels/axle
bricks you bought. I only have one now. I distinctly remember one was destroyed
by my chewing on it when I was about 8. Sigh.

I also remember trying very hard to make a workable train out of 1x8 beams and
the red wheels with the grey tires removed but I didn't have enough 1x8s to get
anywhere. This was circa 1969...

++Lar