 General / 343
Re: what's this piece???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 03:55:55 GMT

Nicole Dente writes:

***my question is this:  there is one piece i don't get at all (am i
showing my age or lego ignorance???)  it is made out of flimsier
flexible plastic, and it looks like two 2x2 tiles (that won't accept
studs on the bottom!) attached by a thin pole-type strip.  sort of like
this, if you'll pardon the ascii art:

[]--[]

can someone tell me what this piece is supposed to do, and if it
appeared in other sets?

thanks,
nikky

This was used as a trailer hitch conection during the Samsonite era.  You
connect one end to the "car" and one end to the "trailer" element.  I think it
was also used on the early legoland train models that rolled on the blue track
with red 2X2 wheels, sans grey rubber tires.

Barry