 General / 34368
    Re: my biggest beef with the new product is... —Dave Schuler
   (...) **snip of some modular but essential train elements** (...) True, but since LEGO Trains have mostly been niche market (that is, they've never had as widespread a retail presence as SYSTEM (though Train is of course the best longitudinal (...) (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.general)

        Re: my biggest beef with the new product is... —John Neal
     (...) And the tail wags the dog-- they create the juniorized parts to save money, and then feel obligated to *use* them ubiquitiously to get their back their investment, and suddenly the parts are dictating set designs, not the designers. -John (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.general)

        Re: my biggest beef with the new product is... —Richard Marchetti
   (...) [...breaking back into the thread where I think my dot will look the prettiest!] I just want to give one example of the kinds of elements I was referring to: reference the big picture of LOM set #7317 and take a gander at those purple (single (...) (23 years ago, 7-Dec-01, to lugnet.general)