 General / 34297
Re: What are these pieces?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 07:04:55 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Niemann writes:
Hello,
I am getting ready to sell some Lego sets, and I need to know what the three
circled pieces in this
picture: http://www.geocities.com/cybertrader7/6353-04.jpg are
called so I can buy them on brickbay (they are missing). These pieces are • from
set 6353, the Coastal Cutter. I'm having trouble locating these pieces on BB,
are they rare?

Hi David

I could not access your picture, but I took a lot at the original 6353-04 on
Brickshelf --> http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6353/6353-04.html

If you are refering to the Red tow hook assembly in step 7 then I am afraid
that I have bad news.
I wouldn't say that these pieces are rare, but only 3 sets have ever had them
so far:  Sets 6353, 6668, and 4564 -->
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=6353%2C+6668%2C+4564&v=a

I have also wanted to get my hands on this unique tow hook assembly and after
years of searching and buying tons and tons (well, a few hundred pounds
anyway) of used Lego I still DO NOT have one of these myself.

As I said, it is not a rare piece, but it is certainly unique and I would
guess that a lot of people hold on to them for that reason.  Oh, also they are
made from a somewhat more fragile plastic than other Lego pieces so I would
guess that a lot of these have been broken over the years.
As for the black rubber band, dunno if you could ever find one of these even
if you did get the hook assembly pieces.

This is not the news you wanted, I'm afraid.

__Kevin Salm__
....Lego brick enthusiast for over 20 years....

.