 General / 34285
  Re: End of Year Thoughts

(...) Because they can patent new pieces? This is not a whole theory: it doesn't mean they're all basically useful inventions, just that it keeps Lego, uh, different. I guess they get a budget for theme development. Some gets spent on new parts, (...) (23 years ago, 4-Dec-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: End of Year Thoughts

(...) You're going to have to help me with this one. How does this make economic sense? Wouldn't it be better to focus on the pieces you have, the ones that are already useful and for which molds have already been created? I mean, Megablocks has a (...) (23 years ago, 4-Dec-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: End of Year Thoughts

(...) It sounds absurd to me too. I said it wasn't a whole theory... it's a partial theory, postulating patenting pieces as the formal cause. Look, we know it's really expensive to make new pieces. But they keep doing it. It must be that they regard (...) (23 years ago, 4-Dec-01, to lugnet.general)