 General / 34253
34252  |  34254
Subject:
NGLTC Festival of Trees first place winners!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl
Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 08:31:57 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

After a great effort by NGLTC club members and non club members our tree
display for the Children's Healthcare of Atlanta's Festival of trees was put
on display this week. This evening at the preview party we were presented
with a surprise, our display had one best tree in show!

Some highlights of the display

45 yards of LEGO garland, and yes I drilled holes in 6000 2x2 bricks and
strung them on fishing line to make this.

Eric Harshbarger’s LEGO Santa:

LEGO angle watching over:

Ornaments made by professionals:

Ornaments made by children:

Custom CHOA train cars:

Lots of ornaments made by club members, family members and friends:

Lewis Valentine and myself receiving the award:

And yes that is a LEGO tux vest and tie:

The tree is for sale by the Festival, no I don’t get any of the money nor
did I set the price: (that does include both sculptures too)

Enjoying some of the rides:

Checking out the other trees:

Rest of the pictures:

We would like to thank everyone who made this possible and realize that this
was an effort that took lots of work on many peoples part. If you are in the
Atlanta area be sure to come visit the festival (December 1 – 9) and see our
display first hand. For more information visit: http://www.choa.org/festival