 General / 34239
Re: Something odd about S@H web site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 18:17:51 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Barnes wrote:
I don't know if anybody else has noticed this, but;

I was trying to figure out what's different between the S@H bulk bricks • list
for UK as opposed to US which is 3 pages shorter.

If you open up two explorer windows into S@H bulk bricks one specifying • UK
and one US, as soon as you browse in one window at the bulk bricks, the
little nationality flag on the other window promptly changes to be the • same
and the list becomes the same!

Is this deliberate? To stop people easily comparing? I can't even imagine
how the two explorer windows can interact like this....

probably the website remembers which country you're logged into with a
cookie, that is overwritten when you select a different country.  I'm sure
it's not delibarate, just semi-standard web practices. the only way the
two browser windows could remain independent would be if they had a session
number in the url, and that's less cool than using cookies.

what you could do, though, is open one shop in IE and one in Netscape -
that way your cookies remain separate, so you'll be able to browse both
shops at the same time.

HTH

:)

Dan