 General / 34094
Re: BMW 10001 Hits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 20:48:43 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, John Neal writes:
In lugnet.build.mecha, Eric Sophie writes:

Not only is this a first in history, but this exceptional creation is
featured on the Greatest Hits Page located on the World Famous Brickshelf
Gallery.

As an aside, you mentioned the greatest hits page on Brickshelf--
I'm curious to know how those folders featured there are ordered,
because they don't appear to be by quantity of hits.  Anyone know?
Kevin?;-)

I think Kevin discussed this in the past. IIRC, I thought an image is
counted based on the hits to the image page but a folder is counted based on
the hits to the folder PLUS hits to all the pages in the folder. So a folder
with lots of pages that get lots of hits should do well.

But I could be wrong. I asked this very question before, IIRC. Try this
thread...  http://news.lugnet.com/announce/brickshelf/?n=79

The answer Kevin gave confused me then and it still does, because it doesn't
agree with what I said above. (Since what I said would be a logical way to
do it, it's what I tend to remember as how it actually works)

++Lar (Yes I do read build.mecha...)