 General / 33709
Re: 3033 Blue tubs still manufactured?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 01:54:16 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richard Morton writes:
Sorry for the cross post - not sure which group was best to place it in.....

Quick question,

Are the 3033 blue tubs still being manufactured?
I know they are still available from various places, but what I want to know
is are they still being supplied to the stores by lego?

The reason I ask is that I am going to be wanting a varge large amount of
them (approx 100 tubs) and in order to preserve my cash flow as well as save
space, I would prefer to buy some now and some in January, but I don't want
to find that I can't get any in Jan.

This was a matter of speculation some months ago, and I believe the concensus
was that it has been discontinued.  See, for example,

http://news.lugnet.com/dear-lego/?n=3058

Read the entire thread and you'll find out more than you ever wanted to
know about the tubs!

So I would buy as many as possible as soon as possible taking advantage of
deals like BOGO 50% off offers if you can. Or else you can be like me and use
garage sales as your primary source of bricks.  Of course then you have to wash
them-- but that's a whole 'nother thread!

HTH!

Maggie C.