 General / 33692
Re: SEALUG Meeting with VLC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 21:20:25 GMT

In article <GLMJIq.1A0@lugnet.com>, "Dave Johann" <legomecha@home.com>
wrote:

<snip>

After spending about 4 hours shopping, we returned to the apartment
complex and about 6 of us parted out our AT-ST sets. Then we had a
"draft", where we drew numbers and went around the table in order, each
person taking a pile of parts until no more piles were left. It was a
fun way for all of us to get parts in multiples, without having to buy a
lot of sets. We repeated the process with the DV TIE/ Y-Wing set. I
thought it was a pretty nice system. Everyone got a couple piles of
parts they could use, and it was fun watching people consider which pile
of parts they wanted more.

Alright...so this is a truly cool idea. I'll give you guys that.

I think Robin borrowed the idea from the Edmonton folks. It was fun. I
was trying to think if we could work it out at a SEALUG meeting, but I'm
not sure. We would have to discuss it.

<snip>

Sounds like a lot of fun! I loved the pictoral, especially the following:

Showing off MOCs the hard way....

Heh, oops. I forgot to delete that picture. I think I'll leave it in
just to confuse people. :^D

Muffinhead and Coca-Cola makin' friends...

That's Mini-Sean next to Mini-me. :^)

Group pix!
This one begs the question...who's behind the camera?

I had the timer set. So I pressed the button and then ran around the
table to get in the picture.

More than meets the eye!

Yeah, Mark Wilburn's Optimus Prime was very nice. I earned the
distinction of being the first person to transform it without breaking
one of the limbs off.

Hopefully we'll hook up again in February....say the 16th or so. :)

I hope to be able to make the trip!

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations