 General / 33684
33683  |  33685
Subject:
Sticker Resources
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 13:21:33 GMT

I have noticed a bit of debate about the use of stickers.

Brad Justus brought up the question of stickers in the Legends / Classics
line
http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=3462 .

And Mike McKee, like others I'm sure,  hates stickers.
http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=3512

I recently purchased the Shell Promo sets and the Legends Metoliner and Club
Car.. The 1256 Gas Pumps set ( http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1256 ) is a good
example of a set that uses lots of stickers.

I'm hesitant to use stickers as they do eventually peel off and get dirty,
no matter how careful you are. I'm not so much worried about ruining the
brick, as most parts used for the sticker surface are standard bricks. I
don't like the fact that once a sticker is applied, you can't replace it or
use it again.

So I started scanning sticker sheets for new sets and printing them myself.
Thus I have the original label sheet to use as a backup if I need to scan
again.

I scan at 600x600 DPI and save the file as an uncompressed TIFF file. This
does result in huge files. But I archive them to CD-R.

I then print my own stickers on full sheet Avery labels. I use both the
standard white label sheets (Avery 8165) and clear sheets (Avery 8665). The
clear sheets work very, very well.

Paint Shop Pro (on a Windows machine) is used for printing. I normally don't
have to do any retouching on the scanned files. However, artistic types
could easily change colors on the scanned labels, etc. You could make a
sheet of the lego train logo <-0-> in a variety of colors.

Sticker resources -

Steff's Stickerpage
http://www.fortunecity.de/kunterbunt/sackgasse/415/index2.htm

Sticker scans from 6000 Idea Book
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6000/

Sticker scans from 250 Idea Book
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0250-1987/

Ryan's Lego Site
http://members.home.net/rjschave/

Vancouver Lego Club - scanning stickers FAQ
http://www.akasa.bc.ca/vlc/faqstick.html

Restored Lego Stickers
http://www.io.com/~rueger/lego/stickers/index.html

I'm sure there are other sticker scans on the Internet. There was a Japanese
site that had promotional sticker sheets with the Lego logo. However, I
can't find the link. Does anyone have it?

Bryan