 General / 33668
Re: e-bay aution w/ lugnet minifig picture
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 20:10:08 GMT

In lugnet.general, Matthew Gerber writes:
In lugnet.general, Matthew Gerber writes:
In lugnet.general, Josh Baakko writes:
I ran across a few auctions with the image that is shown on LUGNET's Home
page, the 3 minifigs:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1650748127

Does this fall under any copyrite laws?

Copyright or not...it's just a stinky thing to do. Are all of the auctions
using the LUGNET image from the same auctioneer?

I e-mailed this auctioneer suggesting that he remove the image, and pointing
him to LUGNET in case he came by the image second-hand.

He e-mailed me back, but he is French, and his English reply didn't make
much sense to me, I'm afraid. No offense intended, but I'm going to post his
reply to my suggestion to see if any of you can help decipher it. If anyone
out there speaks/writes fluent French, you might want to e-mail him to clear
things up (in case he's P.O.ed...):

"the images to give by the salesmen are also a very good advertizing for the
Web pages

"The image gives advertising"?  Make it a link & it would, otherwise its
only advertising for the people who all ready know it!
Josh

I have withdraw YOUR image of my page and to give a bad publicity
of you turns over your Mall from there has very large left the French
salesmen ...
the lesson is: more one is __________  less one to become a human being. "

Matt