 General / 33465
Re: Lego Watches
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 21:37:00 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kerry Raymond writes:
Can anyone confirm or deny ...

According to the Lego Shop@Home WWW site, the Lego watch W300 Pastel
Watch has "child sized plastic strap, plus lots of pastel colored links
to design your own strap to fit almost anyone!"

However, looking at the pictures, I'm not at all convinced that the
links on this watch are any different in size to the other watches. I
agree that the watch face is smaller than normal, but not the links.

I have 3 Lego watches myself, and as a consequence, I know a few kids
who would love to have one too. However, my watches are definitely too
large for the younger children involved, so I am interested to know if
there really are smaller watches available or not.

Thanks

Kerry

Hi Kerry,
I'm pretty sure those links are the same as the other watches!  I looked at
one of those in a box and it looked to be the same.  I have about 10 of the
lego watches and I am pretty sure there's no difference in the links.  I
think what the description might be saying is that the plastic strap is more
kid sized than the other watches.  I can't believe that Lego would go to the
trouble of making a different size link just for the kids.  Also, I would
add that kids may find wearing a watch with the links a bit risky as I have
had mine come apart if I am doing anything too physical!  It may be better
for them to use the plastic strap.  Again, it's just my opinion.  I hope it
helps!
take care,
Tom