 General / 33351
RE: New project: The Los Angeles Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.boats, lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 04:36:28 GMT

Rick

Go here http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/la/index.html
and here http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/subsecrets/inside.html

The mark 48 is actually about 2.5 decks high, of course they are stored
and fired horizontally :-)

They measure about 19 feet. The beam of the boat (sub) is ~33 feet with
each deck about 7.5 feet apart. Of course headroom rarely exceeds 74
inches. I am 6'2" and could not stand upright most of the time.

HTH

Thanx,

Mark Millère
LUGnet # 525
Visit Milissa's LEGO store, Millère's Spares
<http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?i=MMillere>