 General / 33198
Re: ??? 2 Castle set Questions ???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 00:11:31 GMT

Hello!

As to the Castle knight figure, I believe he is described as a Kabaya candy
exclusive to Japan (or somefin)
I know the items that your talking about.
However, I'm fully aware of the complete line of Japanese Lego specials.
“BUT,” why is there also an American item number (“4807 Fire Attack”) and
Notth American Packaging!!!!!!!!

The set #4807 definitely was available in Germany also. I bought it couse I
didn't have it. I didn't expect this set to be special in any way.
The set is boxed.

Indeed #4807 is the same model as Kabaya #1288. The only difference of
course is the packaging and the front cover of the instruction sheet. See
here both of the covers: http://www.chutspe.de/4807-1288.jpg

Another set that makes me wonder: #4801. Or #4811. Why does #4801/4811 have
two numbers printed on the instructions? One did come boxed and the other in
polybag. But what's the sense of these dobble-releases (See also #5901 and
#5902)?

#4801/4811 again is the same model as the Kabaya set #1287. The instruction
of #1287 shows a slightly different image (the landscape in the background)
and has all the three numbers imprinted:
http://www.chutspe.de/4801-1287.jpg

And finally: Why was King Leo's Castle released as #6091 AND #6098?? It
seems like TLC want's to get the numbers full and doesn't plan on any
further sets in the castle line...
:-(

Bye
Jojo