 General / 32816
32815  |  32817
Subject:
Danes in Toyland Article from March 2000 in Feed Magazine by Jessica Hundley
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 17:04:39 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I did a search and found no references to this great article by Jessica
Hundley entitled, "Danes in Toyland."

See the whole article here:
http://www.feedmag.com/templates/default.php3?a_id=164

Sample paragraph, to convince you to read the article:

' As a child, I had seen a grainy Land Camera photo of a place where
everything was made of Legos. Tiny models of Danish villages, farms,
windmills, towers, and castles were arranged along the sides of green
pathways where healthy-looking European parents were strolling with
rosy-cheeked European children. This place fascinated me in its foreign
luxuriousness, the way the flowers seemed so bright and the sidewalks so
clean. But it also called to me in the same way as gingerbread houses, doll
houses, and train sets did. There was something wonderfully comforting about
big things made small. As I grew older this picture became like a fragment
of a dream. I wasn't sure if it had even existed at all. Then one day, a
year ago, driving down the gray California freeway I noticed a billboard,
looming cheerfully above a brown blanket of exhaust fumes and smog. On it,
in tall bright letters was the word: "Legoland." '