 General / 32635
    Re: International Society of Meccanomen —Allan Bedford
   (...) An excellent point. That one had slipped my mind. I guess I was thinking more along the lines of the hardened brass gears and incredibly strong beams, axles and brackets; perhaps things more appropriate for gear boxes, cranes, bridges etc. Of (...) (23 years ago, 22-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

        Re: International Society of Meccanomen —Ross Crawford
   (...) I'd be interested to see a Maccano crane bigger than Dennis Bosman's: (URL) as you say, it could probably be built stronger out of Meccano. The biggest hassle I had with Meccano was losing all those pesky little nuts & bolts... ROSCO (23 years ago, 24-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)