 General / 32167
Re: My first animation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 10:38:57 GMT

Thank you, Fredrik.

Sorry, I don't remember what codex or format I used, other than reduced the color depth to 256. That is essential I
guess.

No, I don't bend the minifig legs. I just let the straight legs oscillate 0 , -22.5 , -45 , -22.5 , 0 , 22.5 , 45 , 22.5
, 0 degrees.
I think I used this set of dat files to animate the minifig: http://home.swipnet.se/simlego/ldraw/mfwalk.zip (3 k)

Currently I am in the process of thinking out a flexible system of scripting animated LDraw objects. The difficult aim
is to make a framework where anyone could add own modules like Minifig.run, Minifig.jump, Minifig.stumble, Car.burnout
etc etc.

See http://home.swipnet.se/simlego/ldraw/lda2001.htm for details on the animation project.

/Tore

"Fredrik Glöckner" wrote:

Tore Eriksson <tore.eriksson@mbox325.swipnet.se> writes:

I also tried Animation Shop 3 from Paint Shop 7 and I like it
better.Without fiddling with any settings other than reducing
colour depth to 256, I had this result:
http://home.swipnet.se/simlego/ldraw/anim2.avi (366k, 800x600/256,
16 frames walking minfig and European Taxie without driver but with
locked brakes*).

This one looks real nice!  I'm looking forward to seeing more
animations from you.  Is the format DivX?  Whatever it is, it appears
to compress the scene really well!

What kind of model did you use for the walking minifig, BTW?  Did you
compose the frames of the walking minifig one by one, or did you use
something more sophisticated?

With only one leg joint, the minifigs cannot actually walk, so I
assume one must do some kind of simplification.  In the official LEGO
animations I have seen, the legs are diplayed as soft, hence having a
bendable knee joint.

Fredrik