 General / 32138
Re: My first animation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 16:43:32 GMT

I zipped the gary.avi file down to 152 kb using WinZip. Guess it was some air in it...

I tried that tool and sort of liked it. To be Freeware it's excellent, but it really messed the colours up in 256 color
mode..

I also tried Animation Shop 3 from Paint Shop 7 and I like it better.Without fiddling with any settings other than
reducing colour depth to 256, I had this result:
http://home.swipnet.se/simlego/ldraw/anim2.avi (366k, 800x600/256, 16 frames walking minfig and European Taxie without
driver but with locked brakes*).

It's a shame Animation Shop is not Freeware. Have to hurry now! 28 days to go... :o)

/Tore
* Didn't bother animating the wheels :-)

"Fredrik Glöckner" wrote:

"blessing" <blessing@icefog.net> writes:

Title says it all, this is my first animation, How did I do?

It's an eight MB AVI file.  The animation consists of a static image
of four 1x1 bricks in a row with the letters "G", "A", "R" and "Y" on
them.  The colour of the letters flash for a second or so.  That's it.

I would guess that this animations could be compressed to around 200KB
by using the animated GIF format.  Perhaps you should try that?

Fredrik