 General / 31994
  Re: D.C. Metrorail Car

(...) up to a child's playing? Also, what's the interior like? I can't really see inside it very well. I've got a challenge for you: BART (San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit). Note: it's not standard gauge - you need to place the rails farther (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: D.C. Metrorail Car

(...) What are you, some kind of rivet counter? :-) The track gauge is plenty wide enough as it is! Where is J2 when you need him? The folks who should do BART are BayLTC!!! They are using a takeoff on the BART logo IIRC. (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: D.C. Metrorail Car

(...) lol Lar is correct. The gauge of LEGO track compared to a minifig to scale would be over 5' wide.... (...) Not to speak for them, but I think they are deciding between the BART and the Frisco.... (dumped .build and general and added (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: D.C. Metrorail Car

(...) It is definately sturdy to run around a track and hold up to adult handling (holding from both ends). It would not survive child play in it's current form. The interior is completely hollow except for 1 2x8 plate running from roof to floor at (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)