 General / 3190
Re: Back after very difficult week
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 14:00:46 GMT

Todd,

I am very sorry to hear about your and Suzanne's loss.  My mother-in-law
passed away last year and it has been very difficult for my wife - I
guess you just expect your parents to live forever; but sadly, such is
not the case.  I just wanted to express my regret and also take the time
to thank you for everything you and your family does to promote and
support this online community.  Thank you.

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu

Todd Lehman wrote:

Suzanne and I have been out of the loop here for the past week and we
apologize for the backlog of e-mail and admin-related posts and questions
that we need to address.  It's going to take us some time to get back into
the swing of things.

In December of '97, Suzanne's father David was diagnosed with a rare form
of liver and pancreatic cancer.  Very little is known about the disease
except that the survival rate is extremely low and that once it is
discovered, it is usually too late.  Operations and chemotherapy are
successful to some extent, but when you have this type of cancer, you try
to remain upbeat while you make the most of the time you have left and
appreciate the simpler things in life like walks in the woods, cranberry
bog sunrises, and quiet time with family and friends.

Unfortunately, time slips by all too quickly and before we know it we are
left one less.

Dave passed away Friday afternoon, peacefully in his sleep, at home with
his family at his side.  Though we are suffering a great loss, we are
thankful for every way he touched our lives and for having been a part of
his.  He was an honest, decent, kindhearted soul and a loving father who
cared deeply about people, nature, and work.  He was liked by all who knew
him and loved dearly by those closest to him.  He cared as much about
doing things right as about doing the right things.  He always expected
the best from people, yet he never asked anyone to change who they were;
instead he quietly set good examples and led with humility and compassion.

Family losses are never easy, but with time comes healing, and fond
memories remain.  Time trickles ever past as life goes on.

To all those who have -- or may soon -- lose a loved one to cancer, you
have our deepest heartfelt sympathies.  Although it is impossible to truly
understand the tragedies of others, we are discovering that there are many
common threads running though the fabric of this thing we call life.

--Todd