 General / 31738
31737  |  31739
Subject:
[[[[The future dynamic of AFOL]]]]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 22:51:20 GMT

In lugnet.org, Eric Kingsley writes:
I think we are on the brink of something big.  By that I mean I think that in 4
or 5 years we will look back on this point in time and think about how small
we were and how we were all the pioneers in getting this hobby to the point it
will be.  While we have made a lot of progress this is still just the
beginning.  I think many of you will be supprised at how much bigger we will be
in 5 years time.

Put that in your time capsule...

Eric Kingsley

Big…really, I see it too!
                                               But ‘how big’?

Are we to become like the masses of Trekies one day?
To become a completely socially accepted hobby?
                                Instead of the dynamic niche that we are today.
I say ‘dynamic’ cause I believe we as a group have a certain dynamic
momentum at this point in time. The fervor to become more established
and whittle our way into the woodwork of social conscious.

But, even in 4-5 years, although bigger, we’d need a specific event to truly
trigger our accent into notoriety. An event such as a mainstream reference,
or the acclaim of a ‘stars’ presence. If Bruce Willis or somebody were to
start conversatin’ with us then the general public will follow.

Either that or the lure or our alleged underground nature will appeal to a
multiplyin’ number. Plus, it’d help if TLG would Officially recognize us
more often and show genuine support for its most vocal constituency.

I'm actually very happy with our presence at this time. I like the people
and direction that this we’re proceedin’ in. I can only hope that as we grow
the inundation of appeal to our hobby won’t drastically change the positive
dynamic that we enjoy today.

Oh, as an after thought, once we finally get a direct communication system
such as Aim, or ICQ this may further progress our involvement with each
other and the pastime we so enjoy.

              Sincerely,
                           --==Riçhärd==--

        You can reach me  @
Shroud_of_Kung_Fu@Hotmail.com

.                                                     -Lego good, Canada great-®