 General / 31463
Re: Update on Ken's conditon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ny.bin, lugnet.people
Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2001 05:13:55 GMT

Everyone down here in RichLUG will have Ken in our thoughts.

In lugnet.general, Kenneth A. Drumm, Ph.D. writes:
This is a copy of the email I sent out to 147 people in Ken's address book
this morning.

Dear Friends,

    Sometime last night after having so many days of good health and
vitality in the hospital, Ken's heart stopped. He was flat-lined for about
three minutes. Doctor's revived him and he is now back in a deep coma in the
ICU. The doctor's couldn't explain this strange turn of events in his
health.
We were given the "get his affairs in order" speech by is doctor. People
in our local area receiving this, be advised that Ken's name on the
hospital's public patients listings have been suppressed due to privacy
concerns. Visitors also have been restricted to a list of eight family
members, sorry.
    In Ken's living will it states that after 30 days in an incapacitated
state or where he in on life support all machinery is to be stopped, IV's
removed and a DNR (do not resuscitate)activated.

    Thank you,

    Nicole Rienhart-Drumm