 General / 31407
Question: does anybody post under an assumed name sometimes?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 19:26:03 GMT

Hi - I'm curious about something.  Does anybody have any thoughts about
whether anybody posts on Lugnet under an alias?  Most people have more than
one email account (2 to 3 on average?) and access to more than one computer.
So it sure is conceivable that a person could post using the false name when
they want to have "fun".  I have heard jokes along the lines of "Gee - has
anyone ever seen "John Doe" and "Jim Doe" at the same time?"

Of course, I not naive enough to expect anybody in their right mind to step
forward and say that they do this, but in general what do people think of
this possibility?

If this kind of dual-personality posting takes place, then how often do you
think it would be for plain fun, mischievous fun or to hurt someone else?

- Bob