 General / 30909
Re: TLC becomes successful overnight?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 16:45:59 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dave Schuler writes:
I've previously expressed my misgivings about LEGO more-or-less blindly
staggering into the fiercely competitive and already saturated action figure
market...
If the shelves and shelves full of Bionicle/Racers/Throwbots/etc are any
indication, the kids in my area don't seem to love them, though that's
admittedly a quite small sample size!

Well, it varies, of course. My two sittees can't wait to get all the
bionicle sets, and they had a few throwbots too. Yet they couldn't figure
out how to put them together from the instructions... I had to help them.
(And they know lego well!).

Bleah.

-Shiri