 General / 30902
Re: TLC becomes successful overnight?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 15:19:57 GMT

As much as I love to beat up on them about juniorization and
crappy themes, That's not really the problem.  There is no excuse
for them not making a profit the last few years because
of the economic boom.  Sure, bad sets cost them, but
their huge losses are probably due to mismanagement of
costs rather than missed sales targets.

A good (hypothetical) example of this is people flying into
town to visit the Potomac Mills store.  Would you have them
stay at a reasonable (red roof, hampton, holiday inn) hotel
right next to the mall or a FIVE STAR HOTEL in downtown DC?
That's 20 MILES away.  I know what my accounting department
would say if I did that.  They'd have me write a check by
the end of the month.

I don't know if that kind of stuff went on, but it's an example of the
kind of things that if not managed closely will multiply unitl
it really hurts your bottom line.

KL

In lugnet.general, Bryan Wong writes:
Ok everybody,

We know that TLC has been losing money for the last little while, but from
June 8th on, I sure hope that that trend stops.  We'll be talking very
loudly with our wallets and most likely, this will show TLC what they are
doing right!

If TLC is only out to make money, then this is definitely a step in the
right direction.  :)

-Bryan

(That message probably makes no sense - I can't think straight with all this
excitement!)