 General / 30721
30720  |  30722
Subject:
Pictures from Southern California LUGOLA Meeting - June 2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.general, lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 11:59:25 GMT

This meeting was held in Carlsbad, California, only a few blocks away from
LegoLand!

Robert Powell hosted at his work.  This was a great location because there
was plenty of floor space and table space.  Thanks Robert!

Here is the main index of pictures if you want to browse yourself:

Here is a group shot:
From Left to Right:
Dan Jassim
Jimmy Park
Dave Johann (who now HAS email access.  Anybody know what it is?)
Christopher Snead
Robert Powell
John Gramley
Eric Britton (New - from France)
Brad Hamilton (Me)
Bryce McGlone
Brian Stokes

Also there but not in the picture:
My wife Shelly (taking the picture)
Jimmy's girlfriend
Robert's Girlfriend
Brad Justus from LEGO Direct
Clark Stephans

Other Pictures:

The location:

John Gramley's Observatory and Brian Stokes' Mayan Building

My (Brad Hamilton's) new buildings:
More detailed pictures (and descriptions) of these buildings can be found
here (not posted before):
http://members.home.net/hmltn1/topia/police.htm
http://members.home.net/hmltn1/topia/palace.htm

Eric Britton's Mocs.  Eric is a new member who comes from France.  He is a
self-described LEGO-Psychopath.  He brought a bunch of vintage bricks for
trade.

A layout by the Southern California LEGO Train Club:

Christopher Snead and Bryce McGlone with their Mechs:

Dave Johann's Mech's

Brian's "Mother Lode" of new Bricks.  Bryan picked up this lode from someone
local.  Thanks a bunch Brian for supplying the group with so many new parts!
I took home several new bins of stuff.

Bryce and Dan digging through my LEGO:

There was heavy trading at this gathering, probably caused by the massive
amounts of new trading stuff brought primarily by Brian, Clark, and Eric.
In fact, everyone dived at the trading bins FIRST.  It was only after we
thought we got most of what we wanted that we actually went around looking
at MOC's!  There were a lot of great new MOC's though.

Brad Justus stopped by and had to endure listing to everyone's "want list"
for LEGO Direct.  As much as I would have liked to put my two cents in, I
was doing a mad rush through Brian's mother lode and just couldn't pull
myself away (My wife and I were going through it for about 4 hours
straight!)

I'm looking into finalizing the location and time of the next meeting.  The
proposal has been to have it in Southern Orange County around the first of
August.  It was decided that a July meeting was probably too soon.  I
realize that the meetings have been to the South for a long time.  If the LA
people are getting irritated with this and have a suggestion for a Northerly
location for one of the next couple of meetings, then let's talk.