 General / 30708
Re: Lego producing new style of instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 05:46:32 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark Sandlin writes:
in article GE9MHt.A9s@lugnet.com, Jonathan Lill wrote:

Noone has mentioned this but I noticed that in both the adult dino sets and
the bionicle sets that the instructions are different. Instead of using flat
colors with the parts outlined in black, all the pieces and now fully
rendered in three dimensions. The dinosaur instructions are very minimal, so
I don"t mind, but I think it causes problems in the Bionicle sets. Mainly
its that the torso piece is black. In the past that would be shown in flat
colors as two or three shades of dark gray. Fully rendered, it is a much
darker tone, dark enough to make it hard to distinguish the detail.

I suspect that Lego is doing this because it makes the instructions look
hipper, cooler and more advanced. It isn't an issue as long as the style
doesn't infiltrate more complex sets. Has Lego done this before and I just
missed it? What are other people's thoughts on this.

Jonathan

Holy cow... I just bought a Kopaka, and you're right!!!

Interesting...

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head

Yeah, I noticed this on my Onua when I got to putting the head on and
couldn't figure out where they were sticking it.  I went back to the first
page and realized that the small (2) technic peg I had left was stuck in the
chest.  I hope the refine this method a bit, but it looks like they're
certainly trying.

Sean