 General / 305
Re: Q: Piece Identification
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 13:18:57 GMT

Once upon a time, "Scott Smallbeck" <materiel@halcyon.com> wrote:

I am wondering what the proper identification is for the following piece,
it is used in alot of sets but the one I have handy is set 6818 Cyborg Scout
and the radar dish is attached to it.  The piece is a black 1x2x.6 brick
with 7 studs and a cylinder on it.  The first thing I think of when looking
at it is a trafic light.

This piece seems to defy standard description.  For a long time, I
thought of it as a camera piece (and it does get used that way,
sometimes).  Some classic-space-heads call it a thruster.

As much as I like qualitative part-names(1), it's probably best to
stick to the descriptive for this one; something like what you said,
or maybe "1x2x.6 brick with side studs".

Steve

(1) For example, I call 1x2 plates with 3-hinge fingers, "bear claws".
I got this name from the now defunct "Brick of the Month/Name that
Brick" web-page.