 General / 30463
  Re: Classic - what makes a set a classic?

(...) I generally take "Classic" to be the first series in a new line of sets. When Legoland Space arrived, it was the first minifig-equipped space sets. After that all space series had a sub-theme name, such as Futuron, Space Police, whatever. (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Classic - what makes a set a classic?

(...) I sort of agree with you Kyle, because I consider classic TOWN to be the era from 1955-1965, when it first came out. But the 1955-57 era is sort of pre-classic, in the sense that the bricks didn't have the binding tubes underneath until 1958. (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.general)