 General / 30381
Re: Plate question...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2001 04:11:33 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Brouwer writes:
I just picked up a small box of Lego in a garage sale.  Aside from nabbing
over a dozen minifig's, I got the biggest plate I've ever seen.  It is a
black 6x24!  Did these come in many sets???  I have a fairly substantial
collection, and I've never come across one...

Eric

Pirate set 6267 Lagoon Lock-up [1] had one of these 6 x 24 Black plates -->
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6267
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6267/6267-04.html

Another set that I know of had one 6 x 24 plate in White -- set 6376 Breezeway
Cafe -->
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6376
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6376/6376-04.html

Whether for building railroad rolling stock or not, the 6x24 plate is a very
nice piece.  There may have been other sources for this plate, but I do not
know of any except the Gray one in 6479 Emergency Response Center.

__Kevin Salm__
....Lego enthusiast for over 20 years....

[1]  in UK called Soldier's Tavern [2] or something similar to that name
[2]  I find a lot of humor in some of the UK set names--the one for 6097 Knight
Lord's Castle cracks me up.

.