 General / 30376
30375  |  30377
Subject:
New LEGO Creator sets...not compatible
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2001 02:51:19 GMT

Not sure if this has been discussed, but I've noticed a few references to
the new Creator sets.

I found some sets at a Meijer in Dayton,Ohio and bought one out of
curiosity. The "larger-than-life" minifigs which come with the sets (Tina
and gang) are not *parts compatible" with your standard System minifigs.

Torso and arms are fused as one piece. Legs and waist are fused as well.
Legs and torso will only come apart if you yank the head out of the torso.
The new hairpieces just don't come off the head.

I boiled "Tina" for about 20 min (shame on me) and was able to disable the
minifig except for the arms and hair. I had to use *alternate* ways of
removing the hair.

Here is the result after 15 minutes of taking a dremel tool to her.

Talk about bad hair days:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/armothe/Minifigs/pleasantpeasant.gif

Once again, sorry if this has already been discussed.

-Kyle