 General / 30205
Re: LEGO Systems Announces New Chief as President
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2001 12:38:20 GMT

Gary,

Can you give a little background on the limited bulk sales that Lego had in
1987? I have never heard of this and I'm sure others would be interested as
well.

Bryan

"Gary Istok" <gistok@umich.edu> wrote in message
I also have a hand signed letter from "President" Peter Eio from 1987.  I • had
complained at that time that the bulk sales process they had available was • very
limited in scope, and I couldn't get the parts that I wanted (2x2 windows • in
yellow, black, gray, blue, 1x4x5 windows in yellow, 2x2x3 steep slope • corners
and straight pieces in all colors -- especially yellow!, and 1x4x5 half • arches
in red and yellow) .....  all items I still want today, but cannot get. • Peter
sent me a very nice reply and said that "we will have you building again!" • But
they discontinued the very limited bulk sales policy that year anyway.