 General / 30089
Re: other people's kid's lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2001 18:12:41 GMT

in article 3AF4C188.A810A6F4@enviroweb.org, Christopher Tracey wrote:

Have any of you AFOLs ever been over a coworker's house that doesn't
know of your LEGO hobby and their kids are either playing with LEGO or
you see LEGO around the house.  Do you feel like you should come out of
the LEGO closet?  Do you try to id some of the sets the parts came
from.  Do you see parts that you would like but aren't in your
collection?

<gets up on soapbox>

Come out the LEGO closet? I'm not in the closet. I don't feel that it's
anything to be embarrassed about. All my co-workers know I have a LEGO
hobby, and I don't hesitate to show them my webpage. I've made lots of new
friends all over the country because of LEGO. So if someone doesn't like it,
they can <do something not appropriate in front of preschool toys>

<steps down>

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations