 General / 30084
Re: other people's kid's lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2001 12:11:18 GMT

"Benjamin Medinets" <bmedinets@aol.com> wrote in message
news:GCw9Es.DKt@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.general, Christopher Tracey writes:
Have any of you AFOLs ever been over a coworker's house that doesn't
know of your LEGO hobby and their kids are either playing with LEGO or
you see LEGO around the house.  Do you feel like you should come out of
the LEGO closet?  Do you try to id some of the sets the parts came
from.  Do you see parts that you would like but aren't in your
collection?

I am asking because this happened to me tonight, and I would like to
know how frequently it happens among the LUGNET community.

-chris

I had a real funny experience like that not too long ago....one of my
chaplain's kids have a collection of lego, and when I saw it...told them
that I had a fairly large collection....they just smiled and asked what
sets I had...I told them about some of the latest sets I had aquired...
and that was it...they showed me their model of the Starship Enterprise
made up out of several starwars sets...I thought it looked very cool....
(and no, I won't post pictures....because it isn't my creation!!!!)
....anyways...the next time (last time) I was over...I made a cool
all-terrain Martian Explorer/Freight vehicle.....didn't take any pics....
but they were quite impressed with my creativity....and the fact that a
26 year old (soldier) could come up with such a nice design.....

Next time you're going to their place, why not just ask permission to take
some snapshots?  Or even point them in the direction of Lugnet?  I'm sure
they'd be at least a little surprised to learn there are a whole lot of LEGO
fans and builders out there as well!

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde