 General / 30029
30028  |  30030
Subject:
Lego Planet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 17:38:48 GMT

I was interested in what would happen if somebody tried to make a full-sized
replica of Earth from a solid sphere of 2x4 Lego bricks.
My findings were that it would take approximately 2.5x10^26 (a quarter of an
octillion) bricks, costing about twenty-five septillion UKP to purchase from
Lego S@H. It would have a mass of over 5x10^23kg (five hundred quintillion
tons), and have a surface gravity 9.2% of the gravity on Earth...