 General / 29958
Re: My pics from LLC 2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 18:53:13 GMT

In lugnet.general, Scott Sanburn writes:
Mark & All,

Thanks for all the pictures, Mark, they always do fabulous
work, especially the cars. Wow, I saw Thunderbirds, mail
Jeeps, Caprices, Aerostars. The elephant is really neat! ; )
Really good for the medium.

Yes, thanks for the pictures! I hadn't seen such modern cars in LegoLand
pictures before... but a Ferrari 348 Targa top?! Cool! Also there was a
('97?) Pontiac Firebird being pulled over in those pics somewhere...

Doesn't that violate the no violence / military thing, or
does the Coast gaurd not count? Think of all the orange
pieces! : )

Interesting point... it's a destroyer, but not a military one... I guess
next we might see a collection of military fighter jets in 'airshow'
condition: with no armaments, and done in colourful paint schemes. Of
course, the destroyer would still be armed (as evidenced by the turret in
front), so it wouldn't be quite the same side-stepping of the issue... but
hey, if we're going to be picky we could argue that none of the police
models should have handguns! (Yes the point does become rather muddled).
Maybe they just mean nothing that's only military in function (like a tank?)

Ah well, the Coast Guard destroyer is really cool, nonetheless.

Mark W.