 General / 29944
Re: S@H Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 16:22:57 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
news:GCM4xp.2LE@lugnet.com...

Nice. Looks like the seller wasn't charging a huge markup either.

one of the next things about fests is that the participants are not usually
trying to profit from their friends.
Yes, they might sell stuff at the market price where they actually got it
cheap at a car boot sale, but they dont overprice - the buyers are too tuned
into the going rate anyway I guess.

This guy (Jon D Hayward), knowing we had a fest the weekend after the sets
became available, just ordered the lot and was selling them at cost plus a
part of the postage.

You know what, I'm OK with europe getting stuff first, for once. What I
REALLY would like to see would be Oz getting something first, though. That
would be neat, and long overdue.

It seems to even itself out - some things in Europe first , some things in
USA first, everything in Oz last.

regards
lawrence