 General / 29867
    Different types of parts bags within a set —Josh Stein
   Does anyone know why TLG packages some pieces in 'standard' clear bags, while others are packaged in ones with many holes in them? My first thought was that they are trying to reduce the danger of suffocation if a child were to play with an empty (...) (23 years ago, 26-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Different types of parts bags within a set —Tobbe Arnesson
     (...) I think it is to keep the bag from "exploding" if it's put under preassure. I think it's mostly the bags with lot's of small pieces that has the holes. /Tobbe (23 years ago, 26-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Different types of parts bags within a set —Josh Stein
     (...) I just bought the Tie-Fighter kit - and about five of the bags in it were the type with holes - most of them were actually the larger pieces... How long has this been going on? Is it possible it's just different packaging plants? (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Different types of parts bags within a set —David Georgiades
     (...) Just a theory, but sets I've gotten from Europe just have the bags with holes in them. Could it be that parts bags with holes come from Europe and ones without come from the US? (23 years ago, 26-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Different types of parts bags within a set —Selçuk Göre
      (...) I don't think so, because the sets sold here have both type of bags as well, and I don't think any part of European sets being imported from US. Selçuk (23 years ago, 26-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)

        Different types of parts and other Questions? —Tom Reed
   (...) Have you ever found a different assortment of parts per bag for the same set? I have! I forget which set, but it was a Star Wars one. I was parting out about 10 of them and two had different pieces per bag than the rest! I thought that was (...) (23 years ago, 26-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Different types of parts and other Questions? —Mike Walsh
      "Tom Reed" <Merthyn1@webtv.net> wrote in message news:GCEvtC.EEI@lugnet.com... (...) while (...) stick (...) I saw this with several copies of 7121 Naboo Swamp ((URL) Out of 10 copies, three had one configuration of polybags and seven had another. (...) (23 years ago, 26-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Different types of parts and other Questions? —Tamyra Teed
   I've found this with the landspeeder, not only different parts in the bags, different bags in the sets, and some with the large tan plate in the bag, some with it in the box. it was rather strange, at least it wasn't that hard to sort the bags, (...) (23 years ago, 26-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)