 General / 29783
Re: Which set is the hardest to take apart?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 04:17:57 GMT

On Sat, 21 Apr 2001 08:30:44 GMT, "Bryan Wong"
<green_paper@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

The subject says it all.  However, "hardest" is open to interpretation...

Just when I thought 8480 Space Shuttle was the most tedious model to take
apart, today I tried to take apart my 8458 Silver Champion.  The front
suspension setup is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to take apart without use of force!
For the first time I used my teeth (and nicked 2 axles)!  Now my fingers are
hurting...

So 8458 Silver Champion gets my vote for being the most difficult set to
take apart.

What do you others think?

Bryan

    I'm in agreement with you.  I had to refer back to the 8458
instructions a couple of times to see exactly when some parts went on
and what had to come off to get them free :)  I have a pair of very
fine needlenose pliers I used a couple times,  the jaws are thin
enough to grab the tip of a cross axle through the hole in a beam when
the axle end is flush.

Thomas