 General / 29499
  how do I use this technic 9v motor I bought?

I just picked up one of the old style 9v technic motors and I am having a problem. (URL) works just fine when I just run it so the motor is ok. If I make it into a vechicle however, it works when I hold it in the air but not when I put it on the (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  RE: how do I use this technic 9v motor I bought?

(...) The problem is that you haven't found a good balance of speed and torque. To make overcoming this problem easier, and to make the motors more efficient, the new motors contain some gears inside to slow down the output speed and increase the (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: how do I use this technic 9v motor I bought?

(...) Yeah, this motor usually needs to be geared down two or three times to get a sufficient amount of torque. Most of the official sets seem to use pulleys and rubber belts rather than gears (probably because these are much quieter than gears) but (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)