 General / 29315
Re: Has anyone seen this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 10:26:43 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gino A. Melone writes:
I just noticed this.  Is this LEGO's idea of an April Fools joke?

http://66.39.22.206/info/Release141.html

Later,
Gino A...

What the?????? No way!!! I am soooo disapointed.  This is pathetic I mean
OUCH! if this happens I think this will be the end of my Future Lego set
buying (I'll stick with the past releases), I am sure I am not the only one
thinking this.  Lego joing forces with Megabloks (in my opinion) is more of
an insult than anything! :( (to Lego) - MegaLego HAHAHAHAHAH no way!.  The
quality, what about the quality and the great name Lego has going for it,
compared to MB the difference is huge, how will the quality be now??? I
totally fear now for Lego's future, I am sure the founder is rolling around
in his grave, R.I.P.  How can Lego be down in the financial department...
most real Legoheads have more than one of some of the releases (in some
cases a few hundred of the same set). If Lego want to make some real money
maybe they should see what people are pining for and see that they need to
bring back some classics (ie; certain space sets, monorails, metroliner etc
etc), they go for heaps on ebay etc and it's the fans who are making the
money not Lego, so why don't they do everyone a sweet favour and have a
theme based on demanded classics. Please, someone tell me this is just a bad
nightmare!

Mel (who just felt like she was hit by a truck with this latest news).

This is my opinion and I feel I have the right to express the sudden shock
as one may put it... maybe over time it won't??? be so bad, lets just hope
that they can prove to us that this is the right move... I think joining
forces with Mattel/Barbie may have been better :P