 General / 29247
Re: Does God have a name for God?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 17:06:11 GMT

In lugnet.general, Robert Bevens writes:
On Fri, 30 Mar 2001 07:29:46 GMT, "Aaron West" <maniac@netwebb.com>
wrote:

God existed first, before anything else.

Well of course God existed first, that truth is tattooed on our arms
at birth.  That is after all how we know absolutely for certain.

He created all things, including
man, whom He created in His own image.

If that were true why don't we all look alike?

I'm only going in on this one part here.  It is my belief that man in God's
image is not exactly literal, but of broader meaning Biblically.

Uh yeah, sure, that works too, we can allow that.

Image can
mean form (arms, legs, head, torso) or function.

So then it's true the handicapped (those missing various extremities
anyway) go to hell.  And here I thought South Park was just being
humorous.

ILLUSTRATION.  It could also mean lots of other things.

My opinion of God is that
He (not gender, just a reference) is pure Creativity.

Does this mean we have to start calling him Creativity?  Gosh I hope
not, I have trouble just keeping up with the latest Usenet slang.

If people are refering to God or a godlike ability, they usually place it in
caps, please don't get bent.

God uses 100%+ brain
capacity to create and man is created in that image.

God has a physical brain?  Now there's an interesting new look on the
situation.

I did not use the term physical, did I.  Brain capacity was intended to
illustrate the difference between you and God.

That is why appearance
is infinite, but our thought process work so similarly.

If that were true why don't we all think alike?

Did I say we think alike?

The faces may be
different ("Allah delights in wonderous diversity," Robin Hood:  Prince of
Thieves.) but our brains are built the same.

You cannot believe how much I'm fighting the urge to post neurological
links to prove you wrong on that one...

So your brain is built from peanut brittle?

God made us in the image of
his own creativity, something that IS unique to mankind, to the degree in
which God is reflected, and which gives us mastery over the creatures and
the earth.  We cannot create these things ourselves (yet), but as a species
that builds from generation to generation we gain more understanding of the
nature of God's Creativity as we grow in harmony.

Grow in harmony?  Last I checked mankind (on average) was still
killing, murdering, and destroying just as many things as it always
has.

Duh, that is the Biblical point behind sin.  If you assume there is a God in
the sense that many folk do, then you assume that there was a fall innto sin
at some point.

War and hostility
destroys our growth, yet also allows our darker sinful nature of twisted
creation to rear up, killing is kind of like anti-creation.

Um, I'm just wondering, do you have some sort of direct hot line with
God, or is this what Cleo and the magic seeing crystal you bought in
the mall are telling you?  I'm just sorta curios as to why YOU in
particular seem to have ALL the answers and have it ALL figured out as
well.  Of course then the last guy that I responded to seemed to
believe he was speaking the almighty "truth" of the universe as
well...hmmm...is anyone besides me seeing a trend here?

Did I say I have all the answers?  Nooooo.  Just had an idea after 11:30 PM
last night (yawn) that inspired me to post a "thought".  If you don't agree,
please don't be rude.

We have the
capacity to create, though to a lesser degree than God, because that is the
image we are modeled after.  God is the ultimate Master Builder :o)
Midnight Theology, less clear than a foggy night of star-gazing.
Best wishes,
Aaron

The bottom line is that you can only assume you were created somehow,
either by God or evolution, if you assume beyond a shadow of a doubt
that you actually exist.  And remember, when you assume, you make an
ass (out of) u (and) me.  : )

Robert

Gee Robert, I was under the impression that this was a discussion topic, or
open to statements regarding ideas.  I did not realize that this was your
personal forum for wacking people on Lugnet.  I'm not preaching, just adding
a thought, which you take to literally.  The intention of my post was only
to say "suppose".  The only ass I see is u.  Kindly get it out of my face.
Somebody always has to be rude to a friendly post when it goes into debate.
Seems you're it.
Aaron